The plot thickens;
Via the Weekly Standard, the State Department has released its annual report, “Country Reports on Terrorism 2012, ” revealing six terrorist attacks in Benghazi prior to the 9/11 embassy attack,killing US Ambassador, Christopher Stevens, and a total of eleven attacks in Libya. According to the report:
- On May 22, assailants launched a rocket-propelled grenade at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)’s building in Benghazi. The violent Islamist extremist group Brigades of Captive Omar Abdul Rahman claimed responsibility for the attack. The ICRC evacuated Benghazi in mid-July.
- On June 6, violent extremists attacked the U.S. facilities in Benghazi with an improvised explosive device (IED). The group claimed that the attack was in retaliation for the assassination of Abu-Yahya al-Libi, the second highest ranking leader of al-Qa’ida.
- On June 11, a convoy carrying the British Ambassador to Libya was attacked in Benghazi.
- In August, there was a series of attacks against security personnel and facilities, including the bombing of the Benghazi military intelligence offices on August 1…
- On August 10, Army General Hadiya al-Feitouri was assassinated in Benghazi.
- On August 20, a car belonging to an Egyptian diplomat was blown up near his home in Benghazi.
According to the latest Quinnipiac poll ,the President’s approval numbers have taken a hit, down to 45%, but of those who have read about Benghazi, 50% believe the Obama Administration has deliberately mislead the American people regarding the events in Benghazi.
This latest information will only enhance that number.